First, I want to thank you for your support of this petition. I hope that you are staying safe and healthy.
Ok...I've been very patient since I started this petition and haven't sent this to the Senate Majority Leader yet. Unfortunately, Mitch McConnell is on vacation right now and has not taken any action except to try to offer a piece meal solution so that the rest of the funding needed in the Heroes Act for states to continue to fund essential workers and emergency services, to keep people in their apartments/houses to fend off another housing crisis, to provide some relief for families and the unemployed, provide continued Covid-19 funding to fight this pandemic, and many other needs will be forgotten.
We really need to amp up signatures so that I can send this to Mitch McConnell. I believe if we can get enough signatures, it will make an impact since this situation isn't over yet.
Drastic measures are needed from all of us right now because, we are all in this together.
To: Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell
We need Millions of signatures to let Mitch McConnell know - Vote on the Heroes Act (H.R. 6800)
The Heroes Act (H.R. 6800) must be brought to the floor of the Senate for bipartisan passage. It was passed by the House, received in the Senate, and has been on the Senate Legislative Calendar since 06/01/2020.
It is unconscionable that during this national health crisis due to a global pandemic and economic emergency, legislators have decided to pick party over the people and by doing so, cause harm to the American public. These critical funds are still needed.
“We the People” is not a Democrat or Republican based statement in the preamble of the Constitution. Senator McConnell, you must find a bipartisan way to accomplish this legislative action. The American people are still hurting and need your help.
Respectfully, you are either on the right side of history or you are not.
We must get through this unfolding tragedy together so that we can reopen the country safely without allowing Americans to unnecessarily lose their lives, homes, apartments, jobs, and ability to feed their families because the Congress we elected did not fight for us.
Why is this important?
Americans Are Hurting - Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell, doesn't care and will be going on Holiday break with the rest of Congress. He will go without helping Americans and the States?
Even the Fed said, minimizing any bill that Congress passes should be more $ for the security and needs of America.
It's imperative that the States are funded since the services they provide (firefighters, police, etc. ) are funded by the State and now that the vaccine will need to be administered, Congress Must pass some monetary relief.
We are YOUR constituents and you are where you are because We Hired You.
The Heroes Act had included:
• Funds to pay critical workers (first responders, health workers, teachers)
• Heroes Fund for Essential Workers
• Funding for Covid-19 testing, tracing, and treatment
• Second direct payment stimulus ($1200 individual and up to $6000 per household)
• Employee Retention Tax Credit to help businesses keep employees on the payroll with benefits
• OSHA program based on CDC expertise infection control and protections for employees who report infractions
• Support for Small Businesses and Nonprofits in underserved communities
ties with emergency grants through the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
• Preserves Health coverage with Cobra subsidies and special enrollment period in the ACA for the uninsured
• Extends $600 federal unemployment benefits through January 2021
• Housing assistance for struggling families (mortgage, rent, utility, housing expenses)
• 15% increase to maximum SNAP benefit and additional funding for nutrition programs
• Safeguards our democracy with resources for safe elections, accurate Census, preservation of the Postal Service.
Tell Mitch McConnell that The Heroes Act (HR 6800) OR a Comprehensive Relief Package needs to be brought to the floor of the Senate and passed now to protect our Heroes and the millions of hurting Americans.
Do the right thing.