To: Lynn A. Peterson, WA state Department of Transportation secretary, The Washington State House, The Washington State Senate, and Governor Jay Inslee
Please pass legislation to stop tolling on I-405 between Bellevue and Lynnwood, restore the lanes to 2-person carpool lanes during the day and open to all at night and remove the double-lines for open access.
Why is this important?
(Scroll down to see petition signers' comments)
Please be sure to enter your full name. This matters when we take the list to the State Legislature. Also, Please enter an email address you monitor on occasion so you can get our emails later. After you sign and give an email address, moveon.org will give you the choice to unsubscribe from other petitions or from all petitions including ours. Unsubscribe to the moveon.org petitions, but please consider continuing to receive emails from our petition so we can keep you updated with important information.
NOTE: If you wish to help, please send an email to [email protected] . For your protection, the website does not share your email address with us.
We are asking for legislators to lead WSDOT to make these changes to the I-405 Express Toll Lanes:
1. Eliminate the need for a FlexPass to be a carpool in the ETL
2. Eliminate all tolling and restore I-405 ETL to standard 2+ carpool lanes.
3. Eliminate the double lines and allow drivers the freedom to enter/exit those lanes as they see the need.
4. Allow all drivers to use the carpool lanes for free during late night hours as it was before.
These changes will result in:
1. Increased participation in carpools
2. Better utilization of all 5 lanes of traffic while still meeting performance goals for the Federal funding
3. Improved overall drive times for everyone at all times, regardless of the distance they are traveling, their ability to be a carpool or their ability to pay the toll
4. Increased safety
5. Increased public satisfaction
6. Lower operating costs of the highway