To: President Donald Trump, The United States House of Representatives, and The United States Senate

Ban trapping in America, as all other civilized countries have already done; based on cruelty and...

Traps are indiscriminate---many family pets and unintended animals have suffered and died in traps. Children are always at risk for stepping into a trap, particularly since trappers want to expand their range to national parks.

Since trappers only comprise 2% of our population, and have openly stated that they only trap for fun, the other 98% of us should speak up and ban this practice.

Why is this important?

We the signed, want the trapping of our wildlife banned in our country; as it is in all other civilized nations.

A trapped animal is a terrified animal in unimaginable agony, exposed to predators and the elements, dehydration, starvation, and extreme psychological distress in separation from their young--finally meeting a brutal end.

Category


Reasons for signing

  • Our border collie daisy was recently caught in a foot trap. We were extremely lucky to find her two days later; injured but alive. The trapper was investigated and, amazingly we were told by the game warden that there are NO regulations for how often the trapper is required to check his traps. Had we not been lucky enough to find our dog she would have died of dehydration or been taken by a predator. The state land where the trap was set was less than 200 yds from the trail.
  • Cruel and inhumane , trapping of all kinds should have been stopped years ago. Specialists can use humane traps that don't hurt the animal when needed. Otherwise, trapping is a barbaric practice
  • Beyond Cruel and inhumane

MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.