No one should partner with Saudi Arabia's brutal dictator while he slaughters children in Yemen.
VIPs and UN officials must drop out of the Saudi dictatorship's so-called youth event in New York on 9/23.
On September 23, 2019, Saudi Arabia's brutal crown prince Mohammad Bin Salman is holding a preposterous event in New York City.
No one should attend.
The Saudi dictator's personal charity will host U.N. officials, VIPs, and several hundred youth at the New York Public Library. Attending youth will supposedly learn how to "balance purpose with profit." (1)
This is the same Saudi dictator who has:
- slaughtered thousands of people in Yemen,
- murdered dissident Jamal Khashoggi, and
- imprisoned and tortured women's rights activists.
Why should anyone be learning about "purpose" from a charity run by Saudi Arabia's dictatorship?
To make matters even more ridiculous, VIP attendees include:
- the granddaughter of Jacques Cousteau, Alexandra Cousteau;
- Paul Polman, the former CEO of Unilever;
- Bart Houlahan, cofounder of B Lab;
- Jayathma Wickramanayake, the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth;
- Andrew Corbett, Professor at Babson College; and
- Ann Rosenberg , Senior Vice President for UN Partnerships at SAP. (2) (3)
How did any of these people think this was a good idea?
Were they paid to participate?
If so, how much?
All UN officials and VIP guests should drop out immediately. No one should be helping a Saudi dictator use charity events to wash away their crimes.
Journalist James Reinl has written extensively about this event in articles for Middle East Eye, Inter Press Service, and Inside Over.
|J. Brooke B.||
2021-01-03 21:57:24 -0500
2020-07-03 00:35:49 -0400
2020-06-28 21:03:53 -0400
2020-06-04 19:52:12 -0400
2020-06-01 21:23:43 -0400
MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.