To: The Delaware State House and The Delaware State Senate
Clean Water: Delaware's Clear Choice
Clean Water provides safe and dependable drinking water, locally sourced food, and recreational opportunities critical to Delaware’s tourism and economy. Much of the state’s waterways is polluted due to failing infrastructure, runoff, and contamination from chemicals. Funding for Clean Water should go to:
• Remove toxics & chemicals from our streams and rivers
• Repair and update wastewater & drinking water treatment plants
• Reduce community flooding & increase storm resilience
• Support sustainable conservation/agricultural practices
• Protect and restore critical natural resources like wetlands & forests
Why is this important?
The Clean Water Campaign is a statewide effort to educate outdoor enthusiasts about Delaware’s water quality and to secure support for dedicated funding because clean water is critical to our economy, environment, wildlife, food source, and public health.