To: The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure-No Pension-Service Limits
2. Participates in Social Security
3. Congressional retirement funds transfer to Social Security. Must purchase other retirement out of pocket
4. Salary is adjusted to median U.S. pay rate - Pay rises only by the lower of CPI or 3%
5. 50% of health care cost is paid out of pocket. No post service health care
6. All contracts with past/present Congress void effective 1/1/12
Why is this important?
The Congress of the United States is out of touch with the condition and needs of over 90% of the population. The members receive executive level salaries, guaranteed medical care and guaranteed pension benefits paid by tax dollars. Yet, they are reckless in proposing to tear down the income, medical benefits and the only retirement that many taxpayers have. In order to adequately represent the majority of taxpayers, the protections that congressional members enjoy should be more closely aligned with those they represent.