To: The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate
Endorse: Recommendations for the Reunification of Separated Children with their Families
We are calling for urgent action to rapidly reunify separated children with their families and end detention according to the recommendations developed by the Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action: https://alliancecpha.org/familiesbelongtogether/.
Why is this important?
The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action is an interagency coalition of nearly 100 member organizations. We set standards and provide technical support. Based on our collective experiences, lessons learned, and accepted standards of care and protection for children, we urge all responsible parties to:
• Facilitate rapid family reunification;
• Provide mental health and psychosocial support to children and their families;
• Ensure that administrative and legal procedures meet their best interests; and
• Prevent further family separation by ending the use of detention.
For the rest of the recommendations: https://alliancecpha.org/familiesbelongtogether/
If you agree:
• Show your support for separated children by endorsing these recommendations: https://alliancecpha.org/familiesbelongtogether/
• Share them with your networks.