To: The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate
How to Fix Congress - Reform act of 2011
We need to show Congress how we feel, support the Congressional Reform Act of 2011 as follows:
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.
Why is this important?
The Congress of the United States Has Completely ignored the wishes of most of American People - a phrase they throw around VERY lightly. They are not interested in the middle class and the poor, only in corporations and special interests - their business is the business of getting reelected!. It's time to put a stop to this!