To: President Donald Trump, The United States House of Representatives, and The United States Senate
Political Office Reform
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
I'm asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around...and then hopefully someone will advocate for it.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension. Members of Congress will collect a salary while in office and receive no pay
when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future# participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future
funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not
be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the
6. Members of Congress must abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
The American people did not make this contract with members of Congress. Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term#s), then go home and back to work.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!! Force change by public outcry.
Why is this important?
No tenure/pensions for elected officials at any level. Serving is a priviledge, not an entitlement. Also, they should have to participate in the same health care programs they are trying to force upon Americans. This is yet another way to cut the debt!