We must call witnesses in the impeachment trial before moving to a vote on whether to convict, such as:
- White House aides with the President on and around the date of January 6th
- People in the chain of command to the DC National Guard
- Senators and House members who played a role in the President's disinformation campaign
- Participants in the riot such as leaders of the Proud Boys and others who have claimed they were there on Trump's behalf
- Organizers of the rally and prior Stop the Steal rallies
Why is this important?
It is crucial- perhaps for the outcome of this trial, but certainly for the historical record- that the American public get the fullest possible account of the events that shaped the violent siege on our democracy on January 6th.
The video evidence provided by the House impeachment managers was powerful, but not sufficient. The managers themselves referred to multiple third parties who could be called, and to information that is still not available.
This is the first draft of history- we need the truth. Senators should demand witnesses, and make time to depose them and hear their testimony.
of 6,000 signatures
Sign this petition
Note: By signing, you agree to receive email messages from MoveOn Civic Action and MoveOn Political Action. You may unsubscribe at any time.
MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site.
MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view,
so long as the petition does not violate our
terms of service.