5,000 signatures reached
To: Cyrus Vance-Manhattan DA, Attorney General NYS, Abraham Clott,-Judge NY, The New York State Senate, and Governor Andrew Cuomo
Overturn the Wrongful Conviction of Jon-Adrian Velazquez
This is a petition for the immediate release of Jon-Adrian Velazquez, a man who is innocent and has been unlawfully imprisoned since February 2, 1998. There is no physical evidence, he has passed lie detector tests and most importantly eyewitnesses have recanted. Many jurors have also come forward to admit his guilty verdict was a mistake.
Why is this important?
This is an application for the immediate release of Jon-Adrian Velazquez, a man who is innocent and has been unlawfully imprisoned since February 2, 1998. Jon-Adrian Velazquez IS AN INNOCENT MAN. Here are seven reasons why Mr. Velazquez’s conviction must be vacated:
1. Mr. Velazquez and his alibi witness have both taken lie detector tests and have passed them with flying colors.
2. Eyewitnesses have recanted their identifications and changed their trial testimony.
3. There is no physical or DNA evidence against Mr. Velazquez.
4. There is absolutely no connection between Mr. Velazquez and the admitted co-perpetrator of the crime.
5. A seated juror was identified as the shooter during Velazquez’s trial, yet still voted to find him guilty, but has since admitted that he made a grave mistake.
6. There is an outstanding disparity between the initial descriptions of the shooter’s appearance and race-as provided by every single witness-and Mr. Velazquez’s actual appearance and race.
7. The police failed to pursue and investigate an individual by the name of “Mustafa” who was identified to law enforcement by multiple independent sources as the shooter and the person responsible for the death of the deceased.
His continued incarceration violates his right to due process under Article 1, 5, and 6 of the New York State Constitution and the 8th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution.
As citizens of "OUR" global community, WE respectfully declare that the case of the People v. Jon-Adrian Velazquez(Indictment #693/98) be vacated immediately. We demand immediate intervention and correction, and also pray for favorable consideration in this matter in accordance with our Bill of Rights.