50 signatures reached
To: Cincinnati City Council
Cincinnati City Council: Thank you for keeping the Closing the Health Gap in the City Budget
We would like to thank Cincinnati City Council for their continued funding of the Center for Closing the Health Gap for over 18 years. This has helped the Cincinnati community as the organization has reached over 1,094,307 people through its Do Right! Campaigns that teach people how to eat, move, and live right and create obesity awareness in the Greater Cincinnati Area.
Why is this important?
The City’s funding is crucial to the Health Gap’s continued work of meeting people where they are to improve our health outcomes. City Council’s support of Closing the Health Gap has helped our community in the mission to close the health gap.
• The Health Gap has reached over 923,000 households through the WE MUST SAVE US CAMPAIGN, COVID- 19 Community Resources website and Town Halls to provide COVID-19 resources and vaccine education to the communities.
• Since 2004 The Health Gap has reached over 1,094,307 people through its Do Right! Campaigns throughout 22 targeted Cincinnati neighborhoods, teaching people how to eat, move, and live right.
• Over 141,280 have attended the annual Health Expo, where over 36,000 health screenings have been performed and countless valuable health information provided.
• The Health Gap’s Do Right! Kids Initiative has 3,221 students participating in in-school and afterschool activities.
• Do Right! Block by Block Initiatives in Mt. Auburn has impacted 1,000 participants annually.
Tell your story, sign the petition and show Cincinnati City Council why their continued support of Closing the Health Gap is important in continuing the important work of eliminating ethnic and racial health disparities in Greater Cincinnati.