Onward! In the spirit of and honor of Mamie Till Mobley and Emmett Till since our founding in 2005, we have and will always move forward Never with hate, malice or vengeance... Just Us!
With #TRUTH, #JUSTICE and #ACCOUNTABILITY.
This pursuit is not with hate!! Don't be confused or allow our determination to be identified as such. Nothing has changed!
The so-called chapter is not closed for the #EmmettTillLegacyFamily as many would wish or hope.
Please continue to stand in solidarity.
Yes #JusticeForEmmettTill #EmmettTillDeservedJustice #hisdeathwillnotbeinvain drives us to turn this Tragedy into Triumph.
We owe the next generation.
Please continue to Support and Count on us, as we invest in them to:
Educate, Equip, Empower, Engage them for a better future.
Thank you in advance for your encouragement and support ❤️! 👊🏾✊🏾🙏🏾
To: US Congress, Attorney General Merrick Garland, Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch and District Attorney for the Fourth Circuit Court District of Mississippi, W. Dewayne Richardson
Charge only surviving accomplice in 68 year old Emmett Till open murder case now!
Please continue to stand in solidarity.
Yes It's STILL #JusticeForEmmettTill
#hisdeathwillnotbeinvain drives us to turn this Tragedy into Triumph.
To bring truth, justice and long overdue accountability to this historic case, the Emmett Till Legacy Foundation (ETLF), its supporters and family members of Emmett Till are demanding that:
1. Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch and W. Dewayne Richardson District Attorney for the Fourth Circuit Court District of Mississippi, request that the Mississippi Law enforcement, and the Sheriff of Leflore County immediately, serve the warrant on Carolyn Bryant Donham, wherever she may be found.
2. Reactivate the case regarding the death of Emmett Louis Till.
3. Conduct a more transparent and extensive investigation, including impaneling a new Grand Jury to specifically address the culpability and actions of Carolyn Bryant Donham in the kidnapping that led to the lynching and murder of Emmett Louis Till.
4. Carolyn Bryant Donham, the last known living recognized accomplice, be charged with kidnapping and murder immediately. The new evidence proves her culpability.
5. An official apology to the Till Family from the Federal Government, Department of Justice, the State of Mississippi and local law enforcement for the human rights violation, wrongful death, kidnapping and lynching of Emmett Louis Till, and for the miscarriage and obstruction of justice in the 1955 trial.
Why is this important?
Emmett Till was murdered 68 years ago. At only 14 years old, he was kidnapped, brutally tortured, lynched and killed during a racially-motivated hate crime that ultimately helped launch the modern day civil rights movement.
The past is not past. The specter of this devastating crime remains ever-present through modern day racially motivated murders. The burdens borne by families such as Emmett's (Thelma Wright Edwards and Deborah Watts), George Floyd’s (Philonise and LaTonya Floyd) Ahmaud Arbery’s (Wanda Cooper Jones and Marcus Arbery Sr.), Trayvon Martin’s (Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin), Jordan Davis’ (Lucy McBath and Ron Davis), Eric Garner’s (Gwen Carr), Breonna Taylor’s (Tamika Palmer) and many others force them to speak up loudly, demand justice and take action when others won’t.
Family members of Emmett Till urgently need your help. Emmett’s case remains open and active, appearing on the Department of Justice Unsolved Civil Rights Crimes cold case list. The case was reactivated in 2017 when the only known accomplice, Carolyn Bryant Donham - who is still alive and now well into her 80s - appeared to admit to an author of a book about Emmett Till and his case, that she lied to her husband, and during Emmett’s murder trial, by falsely claiming that Emmett made sexual advances and physically touched her. Carolyn Bryant Donham’s false claim and involvement are the actions that began the tragic chain of events leading to Emmett’s murder.
Thank you for your support to help bring truth, justice, accountability and closure to the
Emmett Till murder case.
Amplify your impact on behalf the Emmett Till case:
● Tweet the President Biden @POTUS and Vice President Kamala Harris @VP demand #JusticeForEmmettTill
● Tweet DOJ and US Attorney General Merrick Garland @TheJusticeDept and demand #JusticeForEmmettTill
● Tweet and call Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch @lynnfitchag; 601.359.3680 demand #JusticeForEmmettTill
● Email and call District Attorney for the Fourth Circuit Court District of Mississippi, W. Dewayne Richardson [email protected]; 662.378.2105 demand #JusticeForEmmettTill
Check out our website: https://emmetttilllegacyfoundation.com/
and follow us on
Facebook Emmett Till Legacy Foundation
to get updates on our work and journey towards
How it will be delivered
Stage a Press Conference
Deliver them in person
Email the signatures